COMPLETE FITNESS STUDIOS LTD.
(What personal data we collect, why, and what we do with it)
What information do we hold about you?
- Your name and the contact information you provide to us when first enquiring (usually your name, telephone number and email address)
- During the consultation we will collect your Date of Birth and relevant health and lifestyle information
- As you progress through your training we may keep on going notes on your health and performance
Why do we collect this data?
When you supply your personal data to this business it is stored and processed for 3 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation – ie the law):
1. We need to collect personal information about your lifestyle and health in order to provide you with the best possible training. Your requesting training and our agreement to provide it constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide training.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting the information we do because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
3. We also think that it is important that we collect certain contact details so that we can contact you in order to confirm or amend your sessions with us or to update you on matters related to your training. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 7 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible training should you want to train with us at some future date.
What we do with your personal data
Your records are stored:
on paper, in a locked document storage container, within a building which is always locked when not occupied.
on our business computers. These are password-protected, backed up regularly, and are either kept with a member of staff or stored in a locked building
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. The only other people/agencies who will have routine access to your data are our accountants, who will only have access to your name and your payment details, nothing else.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain.
Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
07843 059 086
The Rectory Rooms, Glaston Hill Road, Eversley. RG27 0LX
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).